Multi-Protocol SPOT Dealing Keyboard - 4060
The MPKB 4060 keyboard is designed specifically for use
on the SPOT, Fixed Income traders and FX trader’s
It provides a logical replacement for those aging
Dealing 3000, AHK3000, EK and HK2000 dealing keyboards,
with logically laid out single keyboard solution for all
major information services avoiding the use of complex
multiple function keys. All major market-data service
keys are provided as standard together with dedicated
selection keys for up to six services.
The keyboard has been designed to integrate fully with
the Mighter range of switching and driving products,
with Reuters Dealing 3000, EBS and 4 PC’s, but
can also be used with other PS/2, Sun, and
Reuters system units.
Desk clutter and the associated stress factor is
reduced. Market Dealing / Data may be shared with
contended control between dual users with the associated
cost savings (License agreements permitting)
- Derives power directly from PC’s creating multiple
power redundancy and eliminating a point of failure
- Keyboard is “Hot swappable” allowing IT Techs to
replace the Keyboard “on the fly” without having to
reboot any of the traders PC’s
- Switch box can be cascaded to allow control of up to
10 PC’s/Trading platforms
- Optional Contention Kit allows two traders to share a
single PC or Reuters Dealing Workstation while keeping
control on their individual Mighter keyboards.
- Optional Firmware allows control of multiple Reuter
Workstations with a single Mighter Keyboard and Mouse
- Reduces total cost of ownership when taken into account Initial Cost,
Moves Adds & Changes, and Support & Maintenance.
- Multi-Platform support for Reuters Dealing (with
intergraded SPOT Trading Keypad), Sun, PC and USB
- Works parallel with Information Provider proprietary
Keypads (i.e. Reuters and EBS)
- Flash upgradeable firmware provides an easy upgrade
path for the future
- Supports a very wide range of software including
Windows ® 3.X, WFWG, 95, 98, 2000, ME, XP, Vista, NT,
DOS, Unix, Linux®, Novell®, NetWare®, OS/2, BSD,
Solaris, Mac OS (8.6 and higher).
- Dedicated proprietary Reuters and EBS
function keys. Sun function keys available on Mighter MP
- The Breakout Box (located under desk) is “plug and
play” with no configuration necessary to the Mighter
Keyboard or the PC it’s connecting to.
- Dealing “Hotkeys” allow quick workstation connection
to help improve trader response time
- Control multiple computers from a single console,
including Reuters Dealing
- Conveniently located Individual Port Selection keys
with LED indicator lights provides easy port select
- Automatic "seamless" conversion between different
- “Keep alive” feature on Switch Box allows
configurations to be kept on one unit using integrated
- Automatic detection of the connected hardware.
- Continuous keyboard and mouse emulation on all ports
ensures problem free computer boot up.
- Mouse restoration functions to enable 'hot plugging'
of certain systems.
- Automatically restores keyboard and mouse states when
- User options stored in EEPROM memory.
- Supports mouse prompt and stream modes for maximum
- Supports Microsoft IntelliMouse and other common wheel
- Power and activity indication confirm correct
- Mighter Keyboard, Mouse and Switch Reset may be
performed without disconnecting devices.
- Supports IBM ThinkPad 'Y' cables.
- All ports are active simultaneously - all computers
may all be booted at the same time.
- Keyboard data flowing through the switch is kept in
its "native" format which enables the proprietary keys
on 3rd party keyboard's to be supported.
- Support all models of desktop and laptop PCs.
- “Accept”, “Contact”, “I Buy”, “I Sell”, "Yours",
"Mine", “Bid” and
“Offer” keys are hotkey’s enabling “single press” quick
Reuters Workstation selection
- Sturdy Metal base and hard molded plastic cover
provides the necessary durability to last in today’s
- Unit can be password protected
- Can be used in conjunction with
- Compatible with third party KMV Extenders
Complies with European EMC directive 89/336/EEC. CE
marked and FCC class A compliant.